Thursday, May 28, 2015


I just purchased on Ebay this Baltic pocket watch movement of which I was very excited about to get. I immediately noticed it was either a chronometer or chronograph by the wheels on the back, but seeing the two gong rods and one hammer visible between the balance cock and main bridge made me quite excited. I won the auction at a VERY cheap price for a movement like this, and I am looking forward to receiving it in the mail here next week to begin work on it. That's why I created this blog so you can see how this is going to be restored. Thank you for stopping by!


This blog is dedicated first to my Creator and Redeemer, Christ Jesus.
 "...and I have given to all able men ability, that they may make all that I have commanded you." Exodus 31:6

And secondly to Steffen Pahlow, from whose videos on watch repair and restoration on Youtube have been such an inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your watchmaking further, let us know the progress, I feel sadly about the dial of this repeater. I hope you will get a chance, finding a better one.
    If you are going making a case, never use copper !, try with brass or silver 925.
    Ich wünsche Dir Erfolg!

    ReplyDelete