Sunday, June 28, 2015

What I am doing................

I have not done any more work on the watch for the moment as I am trying to tidy up unfinished work in my shop. Once these little matters are finished up, I plan to devote more time to this watch, and get something done with it.

I had stopped in Livingston, MT this past fall and visited with Jeffrey Nashun, owner of Montana Watch Company ( http://www.montanawatch.com ) on his techniques for doing perlage and cote de geneve work for watch movements. He was very helpful and informative, and took some of the mystique away for me, giving some helpful hints, and showing me where he got his tool for doing that work. After the purchase of this watch, I ordered some 2 mm. abrasive sticks and a holder from Rio Grande Jewelry Supply out of Albuquerque, NM, and will be using it for my watch. I'll try including some pics of that tool later today.   gf

No comments:

Post a Comment